Wednesday, February 15, 2006

my inner core

No photographs as my inner core is safely under a layer of skin(and insulation, polite word for fat!). Today I had my 3rd Pilates lesson from a friend so I can get to the level needed to join her beginners class, my inner core is obviously somewhat negleted! Its nice to have the one2one to know your doing things properly. I am so unfit, still to do more practice and have another lesson. I think I've been missing the kayaking during the bad weather this winter and I've not been working regularly in the garden.
Once my legs had stopped shaking I got on my way to the supermarket for the big 'once in a while, fill the cupboards' shop(expensive, bright, busy, I hate it!). As I drove there was a heavy hail storm, once it finished I noticed the cars coming towards me were completely dry and all the ones going my way had a layer of white! Then while in the store there was lightning outside and a massive roll of thunder, followed by another great long hail storm. Being inside such a large building made the noise quite incredible and people stopped to discuss it, which must be a 'safety in numbers' fear reaction. I drove home and emptied the car in horrible sleety rain, yuck.
Right, its time to tuck into the gardening magazine and chocolate, I'm sure I've pulled a muscle in my belly button, do you think that's possible?

6 comments:

HomemakerAng said...

you are hilarious!

Madcap said...

I'll have to check.... you say there's an "inner core" in there somewhere? Hmmm...

Wildside Musing said...

As to an inner core, wait, I'll need to find mine too... It's solid; however, the stuff around it mush! Hang in there, Claire! The days of summer are coming! ;-)

Lowa said...

Mine too! The docs used to comment about how firm and toned that stayed after my 4 kids. When the youngest was almost 2, a thick layer of "insulation" (I LIKE that, can I borrow it?? LOL) started forming. It gets thicker all the time. Very odd.

Sounds like quite a storm.

Keep up your Pilates, good for you!!

grannyfiddler said...

i too am searching for my inner core. i know you don't want to hear this, but chocolate's the worst thing for finding cores. and, living this far north, i tell myself insulation is ESSENTIAL. but i do get a good corporate price at the local gym, so go there most weekdays to walk or cycle, weight-train or play racquetball. and i know i'm healtier for it, and even a wee bit slimmer.

clairesgarden said...

I am living quite far north myself, but the inner core is heading south!